THE BS8414-2 “FULL WALL SCALE” SYSTEM TEST – ASSESSED TO THE AS5113-1 STANDARD
Fire Engineers – Please take the time to watch the four tests below and thus you can see for yourself just how well the ACLAD 4000 System performed in this very stringent test.
AS5113-1 is a relatively new standard here in Australia, one in which is not well understood nor appreciated for the information it tells you.
Some basic points
- Did the Fire propagate beyond the source?
- Did the internal walls remain intact, thus protecting the occupants on the two levels above?
- Was the system used “typical” of what is used on a commercial building?
- What was the cavity projection behind the cladding?
- Was horizontal steel used to frame the panel or alloy framed vertically for worse case scenario?
- I see ACLAD incorporated a window head, subhead and sub jambs, why was this done?
There are many questions to ask, so please ask rather than just assume. The Standard itself remains in its infancy and will be further developed and corrected as all learn where it is deficient.
Please feel free to contact Daron Hodder on 07 3390 6299 or 0431 240 610 for any further information.